Due to lack of competitors in 2011 the Sawdust Festival in its entirety for 2012 has given way to a newer event called the Payson, Arizona Mountain High Games. The Sawdust Festival will no longer be a 2 day competiton like it has been in the past. It will now consist of several fun games that will happen from 3:00 - 5:30 pm June 2, 2012 during the Mountain High Games. The events that will make up the Sawdust Games will be:
Pine Cone Throwing Championships
When: Check in: 2:00 PM
Where: Payson Event Center
Competition Starts: 3:00 PM
Fee: $2 per person
Event Description: The Pine Cone Throwing Championship is of fun for the whole family. The competition is simple. You are given 15 pine cones and you must pitch as many of them into a 5 gallon bucket from 20 to 35 feet away in 1 minute. The 20 contestants with the top overall score will move onto the championship round. In the championship round you will receive an additional 15 cones to throw. There will be prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places. Scoring: 1 point for 20 feet throws and 3 points for 35 foot throws. In the event there is a tie for first place ‐ there will be a sudden death throw to produce a winner! For registration info click here.
* Sawdust Pit Grab - Kids rummage through a giant pile of Sawdust for awesome prizes from our sponsors.
* Kids Log Stacking Race - It is all about speed
* Kids Nail Drive - Fastest kid to drive home 3 nails wins a prize
* Women's Rolling Pin Throw - Come on girls...how far can you throw it?
* Cigar Smoking Fire Fighting Competition - You will put on a Forest Serivce water pack, light up a cigar and the last one with a smokin' cigar wins! This is a true crowd pleaser and lots of fun!! Plus the winner takes home $50 cash!
For more information including registration info please visit the Payson, Arizona Mountain High Games Page.